Friday, June 8, 2007

And the kids in the house said O Yeah!



Thank God for Sonic. Last night was free root beer float night. So I decided to venture out, might I add so did the rest of south Baton Rouge. The place was packed. I really don't think they made money though, everybody wanted the free stuff. So as we are sitting at a table enjoying our cold creamy free treat Miles says, "Hey this tastes like root beer". I said of course it does, hence the name ROOT BEER FLOAT, he replied, "Well, I didn't know". What have I done wrong as a parent. I thought all kids knew what an ice cream float was. I know he has had one before. Maybe it was the heat. It was hot last night. Maybe the overcrowdedness of the other rootbeer float seekers was depleating his oxygen. I may never know. What I do know is, I really don't like root beer floats!

As I am writing this I am thinking. The best thing in the world is out there and free anytime, not just on Thursday June 7 from 8-12. Jesus is here, He is real, He is sweet, and He is always there for the taking. No need to fight the mobs of people. Anytime, anywhere. So today my friends, spend some time with the sweetest, coolest, and most refreshing thing around. JESUS!

1 comment:

Zoe said...

I luv root beer floatz!!!!!