Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Peace BE with YOU!

This morning I was talking to a family member. I listened to her as she spoke of wanting peace in her life. Then she began talking about another family member and her problems and how she also wanted peace. I told family member 1 to speak words of encouragement to family member 2, and to encourage her to dive deeper in God's word. Well that wasn't quite the reponse family member 1 wanted to hear. I was not going to join the family bash session. We are nothing without God's grace and forgiveness. We shpuld be quick to forgive. I found this picture, if this is not what comes out of our mouths then maybe we shouldn't speek! If we love someone we should want to share the truth with them, stay righteous in God's eyes and watch the peace come. Sure we may go through rough times and sometimes we don't feel very forgiving. Imagine if God didn't feel forgiving, Jesus may have never died on a cross for us. To my friends and family, please remember that no one is perfect, but love them anyway for who they are. Always pray, and when you want to speak think, are my words speaking love, God's truth, and are we bringing peace. I love all of you!!!

Psalm 85:10 NLT
Unfailing love and truth have met together.
Righteousness and peace have kissed!

2 comments:

agardana said...

Hey Amanda,

Nice to see you blogging. I haven't ventured to blog but I love reading everyone else's. Nicole loves the worship team's blog. She posted but I think it showed up under my name. Love ya

Stacie

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
Please know that you & your family are always in my prayers. I am so blessed to have you in my life.

Love you all.
Jennifer