Monday, June 18, 2007

Does God think this about me?


Life has been kind of whack lately. I have been thinking and praying alot. I probably need to pray more than think! I was thinking about how harsh our,my, words can be, and how I hear others speak to the people they love. Then I started thinking about what if our harsh words to our love ones, if something happened, were the last words they heard from us. I want my kids and my husband to have not a single doubt in thier minds how I feel about them. I LOVE MY FAMILY! I have been reading this book, The Power of a Praying Parent. This morning Gage had a 7:00am dental appointment. I really could not function yet, so I decided to try and read.
In one of the prayers it says" God if anything foul comes out of my mouth let it be like gravel in my mouth". OUCH!
Then I started thinking again. Why do we speak these unkind words. God led me to this scripture.
Ephesians 4:31-32
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and EVIL SPEAKING be put away from you, with all malice. And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ alos forgave you.

Maybe these things can lead to unkind words, bottom line is God don't like it, we don't need to do it. God my prayer today is to please spiritually duct tape my mouth shut if I speak before I think, and try to say something stupid. Let my family and friends know without a doubt how much I love them.

No comments: